There are simple steps that you can take to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19. If we all take these precautions, we can get ahead of this virus and return to normal life.
Follow these preventive measures:
- When in public, wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth: This will help minimize spread of the virus in public settings where you can't always keep your distance.
- Social Distancing: Stay six feet away from others and avoid groups of people.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone age 12 and older can now get the vaccine, the strongest means of protection.
- Voluntary Home Isolation: Do not leave the house if you have respiratory symptoms unless you need medical care.
- Hand Hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Respiratory Etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trash and wash your hands.
- Don't touch your face.
- Disinfection: Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Use Technology: Video chat with family and friends to stay in touch rather than visiting face-to-face.